Samsung finally released the One UI 2 beta update with Android 10 for the Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e handsets. In Germany, the Android 10 arrives as software version ZSJ8 for the users (and Europe and Asia where model no. ends with F, SM-G97*F). Here’s you can find the download links of the ZSJ8 OTA file. You can also find a guide to help you download and install the update manually on your Galaxy S10.
Before you proceed further, make sure you carefully read the warning and compatibility sections given below.
Do not try anything given on this page if you do not completely know what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we are not responsible. Make sure you match the model no. of your device with the model no. of the download file.
Our guide is compatible only for the Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e handsets. Do not try this on any other device, as a result, you permanently brick your device.
Make appropriate backup all your important data, music and video files, and everything else as there are chances your devices will be wiped while doing this.
- For Europe/Asia/Australia, unlocked model SM-G973F:
- For US models (SM-G973U/U1):
- Required Android 9 Pie update: Not known
- Android 10 update OTA: Coming soon
Galaxy S10 Plus
How to install Android 10 update on Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e [One UI 2 update]
Here are following steps to install Android 10 OTA update manually on your S10, S10+, and S10e:
1. Verify that your device currently has required Android 9 Pie update version ASII installed on your S10, S10+, and S10e. If not, you got to download and install that. Here’s how to install the required ASII build:
- Download the ASII update’s firmware from the downloads section above
- Install it using our firmware installation guide here.
Once you have ASII update installed, jump to the next to install Android 10.
2. Now Download the Android 10 OTA update file from the Downloads section above.
3. The downloaded file will be ending with the .bin extension. You need to rename the downloaded Android 10 update file to update.zip so that the system recognizes the file when you install it.
4. Install SDK Platform Tools.
- Download platform-tools for Windows.
- Extract the content to a separate folder on your Windows PC. Rename this folder ADB folder.
5. Now Transfer the update.zip file to the ADB folder.
6. Open a command window into the ADB folder. i.e:
- At first, open the ADB folder on your PC where you extracted the content of the Platform-tools file.
- Type cmd in the address bar of the ADB folder and then hit the enter key. A command window will open up. Make sure its location will be your ADB folder where you extracted the SDK tools and copied the update.zip file.
7. Reboot your Galaxy S10 in recovery mode. Here’s how to:
- Power off your device. Wait for a few seconds after the screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume up + Bixby + Power together for about 20 seconds or until you see the recovery mode.
Here’s what the recovery mode looks like:
8. With the phone in recovery mode, move the selection to update via ADB option using volume keys and select it using the power button.
9. Connect your Galaxy S10 to your PC now.
10. Now in the command window, run the command below to verify ADB is working alright:
You got a serial number which means the ADB is working.
11. Install the Android 10 update file. For this, run the command below:
adb sideload update.zip
The update process will begin. Do not disconnect your phone from the PC now. Don’t power off the PC either. When done, it will restart automatically but it will take some time doing so. You will soon have Android 10 running once it is done with optimizing apps.
Do let us know if you need any help in installing the Android 10 OTA update yourself.
Till then keep smiling 🙂